Saturday, November 23, 2019

Diary Of A German Cockroach

Day 1 

Attention! I now exist. 

Today I emerged from the Mother's egg pod. 

I care not for the whereabouts of my siblings, 
for there are many, and all must fend for himself. 

The Mother has deceased. She has been overtaken by toilet water, 
after being deposited therein by a Human. 

The Human assumes that we Offspring have perished within the egg pod. The Mother expelled the 
egg pod while treading toilet water in her battle for survival. We offspring have survived. We bring 
vengeance and harsh retaliation to the Human. 

Day 2 

The kitchen is adequate for my survival. I have located a surplus of edible food. The Human is 
foolish, it thinks I cannot locate a viable entrance to the items on the counter. Yet I am still of a 
small size, so access through wrappers, lids, and various plastics is obtainable. 

Bread has been my sustenance today. Tomorrow I will investigate the other regions of the kitchen. 

Day 3 

The Human has powers that I did not foresee. Upon entering the kitchen, it causes bright light to 
appear. This frightens me. It could be that I have underestimated the intelligence of the Human. I 
now anticipate and expect these surprising entrances, and have mapped out my emergency 
escape routes accordingly. 



Currently the region under the microwave is suitable protective shelter. 


Day 4 

I have located meat. I have discovered that pieces of food regularly descend from the kitchen 
counter. I have feasted well tonight on the kitchen floor. I have educated myself on the matter of 
speed, eating quickly. Then I retreat to my current lodging beneath the microwave. 

My gut is satisfied with hotdog remnants. 

Day 5 

I am getting stronger and larger. My thorax has developed nicely and my antennae have 
lengthened. 

Day 6 

I wish to bring payback upon the Human for bringing my Mother's life to an untimely end. I am 
preparing an attack. Tonight, I will approach the Human while it is horizontal upon the bed. 

(later) 

There is a large black spray can standing upright upon the Human's bedside table. The can bears 
a photograph of a member of my own species. I perceive this to be some sort of food, specifically 
designed for my kind. Perhaps the Human is not worthy of retaliation. I must reconsider my plans 
to attack it. 

(later) 

I am filled with regret. I should not have approached the Human tonight. I was going to investigate 
the can 

there are moths tap dancing everywhere and 
why are my legs twitching 



can't roll over, am lodged upon my back 


the atmosphere and 
spinning