Friday, November 22, 2019

The Bear

See my claws 
and my brown hair? 

Hey man, 

I'm a Grizzly Bear 

My teeth are sharp 
my eyes are deep 
I might eat you 
whilst you sleep 

It's not that I mean 
to be so bad 

but there's no dinner to be had 

When humans come 
into the wood 
I sniff the air 
it smells so good 



I creep slow 
upon the tent 
I pull up poles 
they get bent 

I tear the fabric 
the humans shout 
I growl at them 
I want them to come out! 

I'm hungry and 
they smell so tasty 
like a streudel 
(a German pastry) 

Here they come 
now I can eat! 

But wait - 

maybe I will take a seat 

The humans are 
talking nice 
they just said 
I'm sugar and spice 


They're petting me 
and hugging me too 
I can't eat them now 
that's the wrong thing to do 

They gave me food 
hamburger and fries 
I won't eat them now 
it wouldn't be wise 

I think my mind 
has completely changed 
I'll stop eating humans 
and being deranged.